Condensed Milk (homemade)From Kimskitchen 5 years ago
How to make it
- Mix milk into cold water. It will be thick, so mix the best you can. A few small lumps is not the end of the world as you are going to mix into something else probably where it will disappear.
- You can microwave until steaming, or place on stovetop over medium heat like I do until steaming. Stir alot.
- Once steaming add sugar and vanilla. Stir until sugar dissolves. (You can use a sugar substitute and be fine. Follow the mfr's directions for portion.)
- Chill until cold. Ok to bring back to room temperature before using.
- (Note that photo submitted is just after mixed and prior to chilling. You might find you have to add a few more drops of water...do so very carefully and slowly!)
- I prefer this recipe stove top while stirring or whisking a lot.
- If all of your powder milk does not melt....strain product before putting in fridge.
The CookKimskitchen Nashville, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!