Thai Steak SaladFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup lime juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 4 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 or 2 thai chile's, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 pounds skirt steak or sirloin flap, cut in 2 pieces shopping list
- 4 cups thinly sliced baby bok choy shopping list
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 carrots, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup lightly packed basil leaves, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup lightly packed mint leaves, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, shallot and chiles. Place half of mixture (about 6 tablespoons) in a wide shallow dish and add steak. Cover and marinate, turning occasionally, at least 30 minutes. Chill remaining lime juice mixture separately to dress the salad.
- Prepare a grill for high-heat cooking or preheat broiler. Remove steak from marinade; place on grill or broiler pan and cook until desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Rest steak 10 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine bok choy, radishes, cucumbers, carrots, basil, mint and cilantro. Toss with reserved lime juice mixture. Spread salad over a large platter and arrange steak over salad.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!