GOOD BASIC POTATO SALADFrom bestcooker 4 years ago
- red skinned potatoes (do not peel) shopping list
- hard boiled eggs shopping list
- chopped celery shopping list
- chopped white or green onion shopping list
- real mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip) shopping list
- plain yellow mustard shopping list
- salt and pepper (optional) shopping list
- few drops of milk, if needed shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly scrub potatoes to remove any dirt. Place in pot with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender, but still firm (they should give when pierced with a fork, but not be too soft). Drain and refrigerate until ready to use. (Cold potatoes cut easier than hot ones.)
- Cook eggs and refrigerate until ready to use. When ready to make the salad, cut chilled potatoes into bite size cubes and place in a large bowl. Peel and chop hard boiled eggs and add to potatoes.
- Add chopped onion and chopped celery. In small bowl, mix mayonnaise with a tad of mustard (just enough for a little flavor and color). Add salt and pepper, if using. If needed, add a few drops of milk to make a creamier consistency. Mix into bowl with vegetables. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Note: This tastes best if made first thing in the morning or the night before so the flavors meld in the refrigerator. I have not listed any ingredient amounts, as all of the amounts are to taste. Depending on how many servings you want will determine how much of each ingredient is used.