Spicy Spaghetti Sauce & SausageFrom angelica14 5 years ago
- 1. 2 cans of Cento Chunky crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2. 1 large can of diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3. 1 or 2 packages of Johnsonville 4 cheese sausage (or any other) shopping list
- 4. 2 or 3 tbsp. Of louisiana hot sauce – or more if you like shopping list
- 5. 5 or 6 large cloves of garlic shopping list
- 6. Crushed red pepper shopping list
- 7. Badia steak seasoning shopping list
- 8. sea salt shopping list
- 9. fresh basil (optional) shopping list
- 10. 1 large jalapeno pepper (if you want it really hot) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the sausage on all sides in olive oil - in a large skillet, along with the garlic cloves and the jalapeno pepper. Set the sausage aside. (NOTE: Only brown the garlic until it’s slightly golden. Don’t let it brown any more than that or it will be bitter).
- Mince the jalapeno and set it aside.
- In a blender, put ½ can of Crushed tomatoes, along with 3 tbsp. Of pan drippings, the toasted garlic, basil, steak seasoning, Louisiana Hot Sauce, 1 tbsp. Olive oil, crushed red pepper, and sea salt. Puree.
- Add the puree, along with the rest of the tomatoes and the minced jalapeno plus the seeds, to a saucepan and heat for 15 minutes. Stir frequently. Cut up the sausage and add it into the sauce after you are done heating it up.
- Serve with pasta and good grating cheese.