Portuguese Tomato RiceFrom goodeat 5 years ago
- 1/8 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/2 a large yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1-2 large tomatoes, peeled, chopped and seeded (can also used canned) shopping list
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth shopping list
- 1 cup long-grain rice shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil and butter in saucepan until butter is melted. Add
- onion and garlic and saute until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add broth
- and bring to a boil, then add rice, cover and simmer for about 20
- minutes. Do not lift lid to peek! Salt and pepper to taste.