Crockpot Cowloon ChickenFrom hungrybear 3 years ago
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 8 1/2 ounce can pineapple; sliced in syrup shopping list
- 4 ounce can water chestnuts, drained sliced shopping list
- 4 green onions, diagonally cut shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker.
- Combine ginger, garlic, broth and syrup from pineapple; set aside.
- Cut pineapple slices into fourths. Arrange pineapple and water chestnuts over chicken. Pour ginger sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour; reduce heat to low and cook an additional 2 to 3 hours or until chicken is tender; it can be cooked up to 8 hours. Add green onions.
- Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and vinegar. Stir into pot.
- Cover and cook on high 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with crisp Chinese noodles.