Rob’s Cioppino StewFrom oldinjun 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 large shallots, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes, plus more to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rosemary shopping list
- 1 teaspoon basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato paste (8 oz) shopping list
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine shopping list
- 5 cups fish stock shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 pound manila clams, scrubbed shopping list
- 1 pound mussels, scrubbed, debearded shopping list
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted firm-fleshed fish fillets such as halibut or salmon, cut into 2-inch chunks shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a very large pot over medium heat. Add the fennel, onion, shallots, and salt and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and 3/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, spices and sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste. Add tomatoes with their juices, wine, fish stock, water and bay leaf. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the flavors blend, about 30 minutes.
- Add the clams and mussels to the cooking liquid. Cover and cook until the clams and mussels begin to open, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and fish. Simmer gently until the fish and shrimp are just cooked through, and the clams are completely open, stirring gently, about 5 minutes longer (discard any clams and mussels that do not open).
- Remove bay leaf. Season the soup, to taste, with more salt and red pepper flakes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve. Serve with crusted french bread.
The Cookoldinjun Pembroke Pines, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!