Poached Chicken And Pea Salad With Almonds And EdamameFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free chicken broth shopping list
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- 3 tbsp tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) shopping list
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, divided shopping list
- 2 tbsp almond butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated or minced shopping list
- 1 lb snow peas, trimmed and thinly slivered lengthwise shopping list
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed if frozen shopping list
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chicken and broth in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 12 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to cool. Shred or dice into bite-size pieces. (Broth can be refrigerated for another use - it will be more strongly flavoured than your standard chicken broth).
- While chicken is poaching, whisk together vinegar, tamari, 2 tsp of the sesame oil and almond butter.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in slivered peas and edamame, cook until bright green, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour sauteed mixture into a large bowl, add chicken and almonds.
- Top with dressing and toss well to combine.