Nutty Sticky BunsFrom nancerose 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup or maple flavored syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp water shopping list
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan combine syrup, brown sugar, and the 2 tablespoons butter, and the water. Cook and stir over low heat just till butter melts; do not boil. Spread onto the bottom on a 9 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Sprinkle nuts over syrup mixture.
- In a mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center. Add milk all at once, stirring just till dough clings together.
- On a lightly flourd surgace, knead dough gently for 15 to 20 strokes. Roll dough into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up from one of the long sides. Slice into 1-inch pieces. Place, cut side down, atop nuts in the baking pan.
- Bake in a 425 degrees F oven about 25 minutes or till golde. Immediately loosen sided and invert onto a serving plate. Spoon any topping in pan over rolls. Serve warm.
- Makes 12.
- Orange Sticky Rolls: Prepare as above, except in the syrup mixture, substitute 1 tablespoon orange juice for the water, and add 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel. Add 1 teaspoon additonal finely shredded orange peel to dough with the milk.
- Chocolate Sticky Rolls: Prepare as above, except in the syrup mixture, omit the 2 tablespoon butter and add 1/4 cup minature semisweet choclate pieces, cook and stir till melted. After sprinkling rolled dough with cinnamon sugar mixture, sprinkle with 1/4 cup additonal miniature semisweet chocolate pieces.