Honey Wheat BreadFrom Amber411 4 years ago
- 1 Cup of whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 Cup of bread or all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp of instant or active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup warm water shopping list
- 1/3 cup of honey shopping list
- 3 tbs of melted butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 tsp. sea salt for coating shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place water, half of the honey, and yeast in a bowl and let sit for 2 minutes.
- 2. Place one Cup of the flour over yeast mixture and lightly stir. Then add salt.
- 3. Slowly add remaining one cup of flour, the rest of the honey, and two Tbs of butter.
- 4. Stir until ingredients are well incorporated. If the dough is still too wet, add more flour until you get a less sticky consistency.
- 5. Pour out dough onto a floured surface ( or use dough hook if you are using a mixer ). And knead until the dough is smooth and elastic ( about 10 minutes give or take a few ).
- 6. Place dough in a well oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap until doubled in size or approx. 45 to 60 minutes.
- 7. After dough has doubled, take out of bowl and punch down. Split the dough into two parts and form into two round loaves.
- 8. Place loaves on a baking sheet with cornmeal to prevent the loaves with sticking. ( You can use pam if you don't have cornmeal, or an oil with a high smoking point ) *Olive oil is not recommended as it burns the bottom of the bread.
- 9. Heavily flour the tops of the rounds and place plastic wrap over the top of the rounds.
- 10. Let the loaves proof for about 30 minutes.
- 11. Place loaves in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Take loaves out and coat the tips with remaining 1 Tbs of butter and sprinkle with sea salt.
- 12. Put the loaves back in the oven for another 5 minutes, then remove from oven and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Enjoy :)
The CookAmber411 Auburn, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!