Blueberry Maple Walnut Snack Cake With Crunchy ToppingFrom christinem 6 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup oats (either quick or old-fashioned) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (the real stuff, please!) shopping list
- 1 cup blueberries, dusted with 1 tbsp flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup oats shopping list
- 1 tbsp maple syrup shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter, cut into small cubes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 8"x11" baking pan (9"x9" works, too)
- Combine 1 1/2 c flour, 1/2 c oats, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream 1/2 cup softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then 1/4 cup maple syrup, mixing well after each addition.
- Add half the flour mixture and mix until blended; add remaining flour mixture and blend until just combined.
- Dust blueberries with flour and gently stir into batter; stir in walnuts.
- Scrape batter into p repared pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine Topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting.