Black Walnut CookiesFrom kitchencook 5 years ago
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs
- and the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cups of walnuts.
- Finely chop the remaining nuts.
- Shape the dough into two 15-inch rolls.
- Roll in the chopped nuts, pressing gently.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours o until firm.
- Unwrap the dough.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 F for 8-11 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool