Horchata In A HurryFrom keni 3 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked white rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds(important that they be blanched, skinless and no added flavors)--this should be about a 2oz package or so shopping list
- 3-4T honey(or about 6-8T of raw sugar) shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lime shopping list
- 1t vanilla shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick(or about 1/2t, ground, but use the stick, if possible) shopping list
- dash of nutmeg, grated shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- ice for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Place rice, almonds and cinnamon stick in blender and blend using pulverize(or similar) setting, until a coarse powder forms.
- Add honey, lime juice and vanilla and blend well.
- Slowly add water and continue to blend well until cloudy and well combined.
- Strain mixture through fine sieve or cheesecloth and serve over ice.
- Garnish with nutmeg or lime zest, if desired.