Almond Chicken CurryFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 2 TB olive oil shopping list
- coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 8 bone-in skin on chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion,thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp Madras curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 2 c Almond Dream Origina almond drink shopping list
- 1/2 c sliced almonds ,toasted shopping list
- 1/4 c fresh chopped cilantro for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400'
- Heat oil in med. ovenproof high-sided skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place skin side down in skillet. Cook till skin is golden brown and crisp,about 5 mins;turn and cook 2-3 mins more. Transfer to plate;set aside
- Add onions to skillet and reduce heat to med-low. Cook,stirring occasionally until soft and beginning to caramelize,about 10 mins Stir in curry powder,nutmeg,cinnamon stick and Almond Dream;season with salt and pepper;bring to simmer. Return chicken to pan,skin-side up and transfer to oven. Cook till chicken cooked through,about 35 mins.
- Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro;serve with rice pilaf.