Sweet Stir Fried YamsFrom hungrybear 4 years ago
- 2 tbsp. oil shopping list
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp. honey shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. each ground nutmeg & ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes to hot oil and stir-fry until tender crisp, about 7 minutes. Stir in raisins, orange juice, honey, 1/2 cup broth, cloves and nutmeg. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add remaining broth and simmer covered until potatoes are tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in coconut. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with slivered, roasted almonds it desired.
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!