Bacon, Linguini & Tomato Toss (pampered Chef)From zachil2 3 years ago
- 12 slices bacon shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Italian-style tomatoes shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- 12 oz uncooked linguini shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, cut into cubes shopping list
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- halved grape tomatoes (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Slice bacon crosswis into 1/4 in. strips. Cook over medium-high heat 8-9 minutes until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in the skillet.
- 2. Place broth & canned diced tomatoes in a microwaveable dish. Cover & microwave on high for 8 minutes.
- 3. Return skilet to heat. Add pressed garlic & cook 20 seconds until fragrant. Add chopped onion & cook 2-3 minutes until onion is tender. Carefully add broth/tomato mixture, the uncooked pasta, half of the crisp bacon & the salt. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until pasta is almost cooked but still firm. Stir occasionally.
- 4. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the chopped parsley.
- 5. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in remaining parsley, cream cheese & grape tomatoes, if desired. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes, or until pasta is tender & sauce is thickened.
- 6. Serve with remaining bacon, parmesan cheese & reserved parsley.
The Cookzachil2 Mt. Vernon, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!