Special Fried RiceFrom mbelisle 4 years ago
- 5 cups long grain rice shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 3 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 3 ribs celery (slightly limp is fine), chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 2 cups cubed salami or other cold sausage or back bacon or ham shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- chinese 5 spice powder to taste shopping list
- ginger powder to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Bring the water to a boil in a large dutch oven and stir in the rice with salt to taste. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, mix the six eggs and the soy sauce in a small bowl and cook over medium heat, as scrambled eggs, until no liquid remains. They will look awful but don't worry about it.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat half the olive oil and add the cooked rice, stirring to coat it with the oil.
- Add the vegetables and meat and the rest of the oil, stir-frying it in the pan.
- Season with five spice powder, ginger and sesame oil and serve hot.
The Cookmbelisle Regina, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!