Spicy Lentil SoupFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 2 c red lentils,picked over and rinsed shopping list
- 1 serrano chili pepper,chopped(remove seeds for less heat) shopping list
- 1 large tomato,roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 1-1/2" piece ginger,peeled and grated shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic,finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground tumeric shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 c roughly chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- plus more for topping shopping list
- 1/4 c Greek yogurt shopping list
- Naan or other flatbread for serving. shopping list
How to make it
- Combine lentils and 7 c warm water in a pot,cover and bring to boil. Add chili pepper,tomato,ginger,garlic,tumeric and 2 tsp salt. Partially cover and simmer over med-low heat,stirring frequently,until thickened,18 to 20 mins.
- Stir in the cilantro. Thin soup with water,if desired,and season with salt .
- Mix the yogurt with 2 tsp water and pinch of salt in a small bowl. Ladle soup into bowls and top with the yogurt and more cilantro. Serve with naan.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating1 people
i love lentils, but i also add celery, i don't add all those ingredients that you put in, but i'm sure going to mak it, that sounds like it will be real good . thank youdragonxxx2005 in loved it