Chocolate Chip Cookie BarsFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- 2 1/8 cups (10 1/2 ounces) all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled slightly shopping list
- 1 cup (7 ounces) light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 (3 1/2 ounces) cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Adjust the oven rack to lower-middle position.
- Line a 9X13-inch baking pan with foil, letting the excess hang over the edges of the pan by about 1 inch so you can grab those edges and pull the brownies from the pan after they have baked. Spray the foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside. Whisk the melted butter and sugars in a large bowl until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips and turn the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula.
- Bake until the top of the bars is light golden brown, slightly firm to the touch, and edges start pulling away from sides of pan, 24-28 minutes. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Remove the bars from the pan by lifting the foil overhang and transfer them to a cutting board. Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!