Maraschino Cherry CakeFrom rhondalynne 4 years ago
- 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries, drained (reserve juice) and chopped shopping list
- 1 c. butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3 c. flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 12 oz. evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional, we don't like these) shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Fold in cherries, nuts and flavorings.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 pan that has been greased & floured.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Cool.
- Mix 3 c. powdered sugar with 1 Tbsp. softened butter and enough cherry juice to make a thick glaze/icing. Spread over cake and let the glaze set.