Chocolate Cream Cheese Beer BrowniesFrom goodeat 6 years ago
- cream cheese Filling shopping list
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- ½ tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 egg, brought to room temperature shopping list
- Brownies shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- 6 TBLS butter, cut into cubes and brought to room temperature shopping list
- 8 ounces dark bittersweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips shopping list
- 4 eggs, brought to room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 ¼ cup beer, brought to room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, or grease and flour pan. In medium mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, prepare cream cheese filling by beating cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in vanilla and one egg until just blended. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt until well-combined. Set aside. In top of double boiler over very low heat, melt butter, bittersweet chocolate and white chocolate chips, stirring constantly until melted. Remove chocolate from heat.
- In large mixing bowl, beat four eggs and one cup sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add melted chocolate mixture, beating until combined. Beat reserved flour mixture into melted chocolate mixture. Whisk in Beer. (The batter will seem a bit thin.) Drop semi-sweet chocolate chips evenly on top of batter, allowing some to sink into batter. Pour entire mixture into prepared pan.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over brownie batter in pan. Cut through mixture several times with knife to create a marbled design. Place in oven and bake 30 minutes on center rack until top is browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Remove brownies from oven and let cool, uncovered, until they reach room temperature. Cut into 24 brownies and serve