Oven Bbq BrisketFrom azure_skys 4 years ago
- 5 pounds beef brisket, trimmed of fat shopping list
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle Colgin liquid smoke shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon celery salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat Dutch oven (or large pan if you want to use a crock pot), add a small amount of vegetable oil (or any neutral flavor of oil) sear all sides of the brisket. (Most briskets in the supermarket are trimmed of the fatty "top", if you can get one with the fat on do it makes it better, and cut in half if you need to make it fit)
- 2. Remove browned brisket, deglaze pan with onions making sure to get those brown bits.
- 3. In a seperate bowl combine remaining ingredients to make a sauce like texture. Add browned brisket back to the dutch oven (if using a crock pot transfer the contents of the pan to the crock pot), and add sauce to the top of the fat layer if there is one, if not stop before covering the meat
- 4. Heat oven to 250 degrees. Bake brisket 5 to 6 hours covered.
- 5. Fish out the meat with tongs, and shred with 2 forks, check sauce for fat content, if it's too much use a gravy fat seperator thing (like a measuring cup with a plugged spout and grate of the top) put the chuncks of onions and whatever other large particles are on top BACK in the sauce (we don't waste flavor k?)
- 6. Thow the shredded meat back in the sauce and then allow everyone who was hovering over you to eat.
The Cookazure_skys San Marcos, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!