Polka Dot PizzasFrom jtrombla 5 years ago
- 2 - 8 oz cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 3 Tbsp instant minced onion shopping list
- 2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups baking mix shopping list
- 1 pkg active dry yeast shopping list
- 2/3 cups hot water shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 6 skinless frankfurters shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Rub some flour into breadboard to cover about a 10 inch area.
- Mix the tomato sauce, onion, oregano, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix baking mix and yeast in large bowl. Stir in hot water and beat vigorously until the dough cleans the side of the bowl.
- Gently smooth the dough into a ball on the floured board. Knead 20 times. Allow the dough to rest a few minutes and then divide into 3 equal parts.
- Shape 1 part into a ball and place it in the center of ungreased cookie sheet. Rub a little flour on rolling pin and roll the ball into an oval 1/4 inch thick. Pinch the edge to make a little stand up rim.
- Dip out 1/3 of tomato sauce mixture and pour into the oval. Spread the sauce almost to the edge of the dough. Sprinkle with 1/3 of shredded cheese.
- Cut 2 of the frankfruters crosswise onto penny slices. Arrange on the pizza.
- Bake at 425 , 15-20 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make a total of 3 pizzas.