Slow Cooker Cubed-steak With GravyFrom micuisine 5 years ago
- cubed steak (6 to 8) shopping list
- flour (approx. 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 to 2 TBLS oil ( I use olive.) shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- Gravy: shopping list
- 1 pkg brown gravy mix shopping list
- 1 pkg onion gravy mix (or 1 tsp onion powder) shopping list
- 1 pkg mushroom gravy shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat frying pan over medium heat.
- Put flour on a plate. Dip cubed steak in water and then dredge the steak through the flour. Coat both sides.
- Pour oil in frying pan. Place steaks in frying pan. Brown on both sides. (Approximately 10 minutes total.)
- Place steak in slow cooker. Place chopped onion on top of steaks. Pour 2 cups of water into slow cooker. Put the lid on. Turn onto HIGH. (Make sure it's plugged in!)
- Cook 4 to 5 hours.
- Before serving, mix 1 cup water and the 3 gravy mixes together. Pour over steak. Cover and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
The Cookmicuisine Greensboro, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!