Red Pepper ChutneyFrom princessk 8 years ago
- 2 big red bell peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped shopping list
- 6-8 dried chillies or 2-3 tablespoon paprika powder shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1-2 small tamarinds shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat about 1-2 tablespoon oil in skillet.
- Saute the cut vegetables(red bell peppers & onion) and dried red chillies & garlic until the vegetables are brown and soft.
- Remove them from heat and allow it to cool.
- Soak tamarind in half cup warm water for about 10 mins or microwave it for 30 seconds. This will soften the tamarind.
- Add the cooked vegetables, roasted peanuts, tamarind along with the water, brown sugar, salt and paprika powder(if not using dried red chillies) in a blender.
- Grind it to a coarse puree without adding any extra water.
The Cookprincessk GA
- Not added to any groups yet!