Jhal Phari Til TinkaFrom chefrehman 4 years ago
- For shrimps Marinating shopping list
- shrimp, shelled and deveined, with tails attached : 100 gm shopping list
- kosher salt : To Taste shopping list
- all-purpose flour : 50 gm shopping list
- White & black sesame seeds : 10 gm shopping list
- sesame oil : 05 ml shopping list
- eggs : 01 no shopping list
- cornstarch : 30 gm shopping list
- baking soda : 01 gm shopping list
- peanut oil : for deep frying shopping list
- For pomegranate chutney. shopping list
- red currant jelly : 10 gm shopping list
- Finely chopped green onions : 05 gm shopping list
- pomegranate seeds : 100 gm shopping list
- Minced fresh ginger : 10 gm shopping list
- Minced fresh jalapeno chile : 05 gm shopping list
- ground coriander : 02 gm shopping list
- lemon juice : 20 ml shopping list
- salt and pepper : to Taste shopping list
How to make it
- For Shrimps
- In a bowl, gently mix the shrimp with salt to coat salt. Cover with cold water, slosh around a few times, drain the shrimp well, and then transfer to a cutting board. Line up 3 shallow bowls and put flour in one, in the second, whisk together sesame oil, wine, eggs, cornstarch, baking soda and the remaining 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of the peanut oil and the 1 cup of water until well combined. In the third bowl, add sesame seeds.
- Heat a wok or large pot with peanut oil for deep frying over high heat until 360F. Work in batches of 4-5 shrimp at a time. For each shrimp, hold by tail, dip in flour, then batter, then sesame seeds. Deep fry in batches of 4-5 shrimp until golden brown, about 2 minutes
- For Pomegranate Chutney.
- Put currant jelly in a 2-cup glass measure. Heat in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until softened, about 20 seconds. Cut the Pomegranate and take out the pulp alone in a plate and keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients this mixture in mixie by adding salt into it. Finely add the pomegranate pulp and currant jelly into the mixie and grind it also grind so soft crunchy taste.