Crab RangoonFrom La_dame 6 years ago
- 8 Ounces Fresh crab Meat Or Canned crab Meat, Drained And Flaked shopping list
- 8 Ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1 - 1 1/2 green onions, Finely Sliced shopping list
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 Package wonton wrappers shopping list
- 1 Small Bowl Filled With water For Wetting Wontons shopping list
- oil For Deep Frying shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the crab and the cream cheese. Mix in the remaining filling ingredients one at a time.
- On a flat surface, lay out a wonton wrapper in front of you so that it forms a diamond shape. Wet the edges of the wonton.
- Add a heaping teaspoon of filling to the middle, and spread it out toward the left and right points of the diamond so that it forms a log or rectangular shape (otherwise the wrapper may break in the middle during deep-frying).
- Fold over the edges of the wrapper so that it forms a triangle shape. Seal the edges, adding more water if needed.
- Cover the completed Crab Rangoon with a damp towel to prevent them from drying out while preparing the rest.
- Heat wok and add oil for deep-frying. When oil is ready (the temperature should be between 360 – 375 degrees), carefully slide in the Crab Rangoon, taking care not to overcrowd the wok. Deep-fry until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes, turning once.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Cool and serve.
- Great with Duck sauce or hot mustard!