Diet - Friendly Pasta BakeFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 4 oz Fibre Gourmet Low Calorie fusilli or penne shopping list
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, diced shopping list
- 6 oz zucchini or summer squash, cut into matchsticks shopping list
- 3 cups Healthy Choice diced tomatoes, onion and garlic pasta sauce shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- dash cayenne pepper shopping list
- 5 oz baby spinach, steamed (or 1/2 a 10-oz box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained) shopping list
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 oz Galaxy vegan mozzarella "cheese", shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, lightly grease an 8" square pan.
- In a pot of salted, boiling water, cook pasta 5 minutes (it will still be firm). Drain and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and zucchini until tender and browned, about 7-8 minutes.
- Stir vegetables into the sauce along with garlic, basil, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Add the noodles and stir well.
- Spread half the noodle-vegetable mixture into the pan.
- In another bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese and black pepper until well combined.
- Pour the entire cheese mixture on top of the noodles and top with remaining pasta mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle vegan mozzarella "cheese" overtop and broil 5 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members