Ginger Chicken With AlmondsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger plus 1/4 cup julienned fresh ginger shopping list
- 4 teaspoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 4 large scallions trimmed shopping list
- 1/2 cup mango chutney large pieces chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Slice chicken crosswise into 1/2" thick pieces.
- Toss with ground coriander, grated ginger, 2 teaspoons oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice white parts of scallions then julienne green parts and set aside.
- Stir together chutney, broth and garlic in a small bowl.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add scallion whites and julienned ginger then stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and stir fry until thoroughly cooked about 6 minutes.
- Add scallion greens and chutney mixture then cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to shallow bowls with hot cooked rice.
- Sprinkle with toasted almond slices and serve.