Caramelized Apple CakeFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- 1-1/2 c flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 c plus 5 TB unsalted butter,softened shopping list
- 2/3 c sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 c sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 c packed dark-brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large granny smith apples,peeled,cored,cut in 1/4" slices shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375"
- Mix flour,baking powder,and salt in med. suze bowl;set aside.
- Using electric mixer on high speed,beat 1/2 c of butter in large bowl for 1 min or till creamy.
- Add granulated sugar and continue to beat till light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until blended. Reduce speed to low. Gradually blend in flour mixture and then sour cream.
- Melt remaining 5 TB of butter in ovenproof 10" nonstick skillet. Add brown sugar;stir 2 mins.
- Add apple slices to pan and reduce heat to med-low. Cook about 10 mins or till tender. Let cool 5 mins.
- Spoon batter over apples and spread to edge of pan.. Bake for 30 mins or till golden brown Cool on rack 20 mins.
- Run knife around edge. Carefully invert onto plate.