The Best Baked SpaghettiFrom strawberry 4 years ago
How to make it
- Marinate pork rib in "lite" soy sauce in ziplock bag overnight
- Remove from fridge and shake off excess sauce, bake in 350 oven for 1 hr. Cool till you can handle comfortably.
- Make Sauce:
- Brown 1 lb ground beef, savory sausage or combination of both, drain. Remove meat from pan.
- In the same pan, saute 1 small onion and 1 small green pepper until soft but not browned. Add cloves of crushed garlic to taste. Add 2 large cans Crushed Tomatoes (or substitute fresh), 1 small can tomatoe paste, 2 tbl EVOO, fresh or dried Italian herbs to taste, salt and pepper. I also add 2 tbl brown sugar but that is optional. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add rib meat (either cut at each bone and toss it all in the sauce or pull meat from bone and add only meat) to tomatoe sauce and continue to simmer for additional 30 - 45 minutes. Check and adjust seasoning. Cool slightly.
- To assemble:
- Lightly spray casserole dish with cooking oil, Add a layer of Sauce to the dish, add a layer of cooked pasta to the dish, sprinkle with shredded cheese of your choice and a layer of peperoni, continue to layer until all ingredients are used, ending with a final layer of sauce and a little cheese sprinkled on top.
- Bake approx. 30-45 minutes, Cool completely, (even better is served the next day!) Cut into serving squares and enjoy. This will stand up like your best lasagna.
The Cookstrawberry Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!