Ripe Cucumber PicklesFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 quarts prepared ripe cucumbers shopping list
- 3 cups chopped white onion shopping list
- 4 cups vinegar shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Peel cut up and remove seeds from enough cucumbers to make 2 quarts.
- Arrange in crocks in layers sprinkling layers with salt.
- Let stand overnight then drain thoroughly.
- Add onion, vinegar and sugar.
- Mix spices and add then simmer gently stirring occasionally until cucumbers and onions are soft.
- Seal in sterile jars.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!