Stir-fried Sweet PotatoesFrom jakartainflames 3 years ago
- 4 scallions, trimmed and cut into one-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 piece fresh ginger (an inch long), peeled shopping list
- 1 small fresh hot chili (like jalapeno or Thai), stem and seeds removed shopping list
- 1.5 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into one-to two-inch chunks shopping list
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, more for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Put scallions in food processor and pulse until finely chopped; remove. Add garlic, ginger and chili to the processor and pulse until minced; remove. Fit the processor with grating blade and grate sweet potatoes.
- Put oil in a large nonstick or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add garlic ginger-chili mixture and fry for 30 seconds. Add half the scallions and all the potatoes and sprinkle with slat and pepper. Cook, stirring or tossing, until the potatoes are lightly browned, about 10 minutes; the potatoes need not be fully tender.
- Add soy sauce, toss once, and transfer potatoes to serving platter. Garnish with remaining scallions and serve immediately with additional soy sauce, if desired.
The Cookjakartainflames Jakarta, Indonesia
- Not added to any groups yet!