"Chicken Noodle Soup" CasseroleFrom kylaz 3 years ago
- 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 6-8 ounces wide egg noodles shopping list
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 3-5 ribs celery, diced shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup frozen carrots, cubed shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested shopping list
- salt to and fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 sleeve (40) Ritz or buttery round crackers shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Poach chicken in a large pot of simmering water for about 10-12 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and set aside to cool.
- Bring chicken cooking water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente, about 4-5 minutes. When the pasta has about a minute left of cooking time, add the diced celery.
- Drain pasta and celery and toss with olive or vegetable oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into small pieces, about 1/2-inch cubes, and mix with noodles.
- In a small bowl, add the frozen peas, broccoli, carrots, and a tablespoon or two of water. Cover and microwave for 30-45 seconds. Drain any excess water.
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the peas, broccoli, and carrots; chicken and mushroom soup; chicken broth; onion and garlic powder; and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you'd like to cut down on the richness of the casserole and add a bit of dimension, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Gently fold in the chicken, noodles, and celery with the soup and vegetable mixture in the large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet and evenly spread with a spatula. Sprinkle with Italian parsley and lemon zest.
- In a food processor, add the Ritz or buttery round crackers and pulse 4-6 times. Add the melted butter to the cracker mixture and pulse 3-4 times. Sprinkle the cracker mixture evenly over the casserole.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until heated and top is golden brown. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
The Cookkylaz Gilbert, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!