Crème BrûléeFrom Pinchofsaffron 4 years ago
How to make it
- In a medium size sauce pan combine one and half cup of heavy cream and half the sugar.Scrape the vanilla pod and place the vanilla bean seeds as well as the pod in a saucepan. See Photo
- Over medium heat bring the mixture to boil, stirring every once in a while See Photo. Once it boils switch off the burner and let it cool down for at least 15 min. Once the cream has cool down add the left over heavy cream.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and the left over sugar until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is thick and pale yellow. Add the cream mixture and continue to whisk until well blended See Photo. Strain the mixture into a large bowl, skimming off any foam, bubbles, vanilla bean pod.Divide mixture among 4 or 5 ramekins. See Photo
- Place in a water bath and bake until set around the edges, but still loose in the center, about 40 to 60 minutes See Photo. ( this is dependent upon the size of the ramekins you are using).Remove from oven and leave in the water bath until cooled.
- Remove cups from water bath and chill for at least 4 hours, or up to 4 days. See Photo
- When ready to serve, sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of sugar over each custard See Photo. For best results, use a small, hand-held torch to melt sugar. If you don’t have a torch, place under the broiler until sugar melts. Re-chill custards for a few minutes before serving.
The CookPinchofsaffron San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!