Tuscan Bean CasseroleFrom anj 6 years ago
- 1 c. diced bacon (8-10 slices) shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 3-6 cloves garlic (to taste) finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cans (at least 15 oz. each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 cans (at least 15 oz. each) chopped or diced tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley (I've used dried in a pinch but fresh is better) shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried sage (not ground), crushed with hands over pot shopping list
- 2 tsp. dried basil (not ground), crushed with hands over pot shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 tsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- parmesan cheese for garnish (freshly grated, not in a can) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute the bacon, onion and garlic in a large, heavy dutch oven over moderate heat until the bacon is crisp and the onion is tender but not brown. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, parsley, sage and basil
- Season with salt (we use sea salt) and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir.
- Cover and put in oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Stir in the vinegar immediately before serving.
- Garnish with freshly ground Parmesan cheese.
The Cookanj Mabank, TX
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!