Stitch’s Pork Sausage Meat Balls Fettuccini In Basil Tomato SauceFrom quaypocooks 4 years ago
- · Ingredients for the sauce: shopping list
- 100ml/3½fl oz vegetable oil shopping list
- · 1 onion chopped shopping list
- · ½ cup garlic chopped shopping list
- · 1 medium size diced carrot shopping list
- · ½ cup diced egg plant shopping list
- · 1 tb spoon mirin shopping list
- · 1 ts spoon chopped rosemary shopping list
- · ½ cup fresh basil shopping list
- · 2 cubes chicken stock shopping list
- · 2 x 400g/14fl oz cans tomatoes shopping list
- · 1 tb spoon Qualylo parsley shopping list
- · salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- Ingredients for the meat balls: shopping list
- 300 gm minced pork of beef shopping list
- 1/2cup chopped fennel ( very fine ) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion shopping list
- 1/4 medium size green onion shopping list
- 2 bibs chopped garlic shopping list
- ground pepper and salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- .Method for meat balls:
- Pulse blend 1 clove garlic and ½ medium size onion in a small amount of olive oil until almost combined into a spread. Add the blended mixture to a large bowl with the minced pork. Mix with cleanly washed hands while adding finely diced fennel and spring onion. Add salt and pepper to taste. Shape the meat patty into balls and put it into the fridge till cooking time.
- Method for sauce:
- For the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a large pan over a low heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic and stir fry until softened, but not overly pale. Then add diced carrot and chopped rosemary and let it simmer for another minute.
- 2. Add the canned tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, then the stock and the mirin. Break up the tomatoes while it is cooking. Add the parsley, salt & black pepper and bring it to boil, then immediately turn down the heat and let it simmer for ½ hour. Then add diced egg plant and simmer another ½ hour. Turn off heat and stir in the basil.
- 3. "Half-cover" the pan with a lid and leave the sauce to simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- 4. If you want a smooth sauce, transfer to a food processor and blend, then pass it through a fine sieve before using. Otherwise use as it is (to get the most of the flavor and, for my taste, the better of the two texturses.
- 5. Meanwhile, for the meatballs, heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the meat balls and fry till the meat is cooked in medium heat.
- 6. To serve, stir the cooked fettuccini through the sauce and place onto plates with three or four meatballs placed on top.
The Cookquaypocooks Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Not added to any groups yet!