Cafe 222 Peanut Butter & Banana Stuffed French ToastFrom nativeprincess 5 years ago
- 6 slices day old white or wheat bread shopping list
- 1 to 2 ripe bananas shopping list
- 8 tbsp creamy peanut butter shopping list
- honey, for drizzling shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla (I use less!) shopping list
- 1 tbsp dark rum shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- Zest of 1/2 orange shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- butter or oil for frying shopping list
- powdered sugar, for topping shopping list
- maple syrup, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Remove crust from bread. Lay out on counter and spread a thin layer of peanut butter on each slice. Peel banana and slice enough to cover every other slice of bread. (You will be making 3 complete sandwiches). Drizzle a small amount of honey on each piece of bread that does not have a banana on it. (These are the tops). Place honey piece of drizzled bread on top of a piece with bananas on it to make a sandwich. Repeat until you have 3 sandwiches.
- In a shallow medium sized bowl, gently whip, by hand, the eggs, cream, vanilla, rum, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest & salt.
- Heat skillet to a medium heat, until butter (or oil) melts and begins to sizzle. Dip one sandwich at a time into rum batter and place into skillet. Cook until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes before turning) on each side. Remove from skillet and cut in 1/2 diagonally. Top with butter, powdered sugar & syrup.