Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Balsamic Glazed PeppersFrom sosousme 3 years ago
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, with skin shopping list
- 4 slices prosciutto shopping list
- 4 slices feta cheese, or more if you desire shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 3 bell peppers, use a variety of colors for added interest (I only used green because that's all my garden gave me), cored and sliced laterally into about 1/4 inch thick slices shopping list
- 1 red onion, cut laterally about the same size as the peppers shopping list
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Colavita Balsamic Glace (you can find this in many supermarkets, or to order on-line go to www.colavita.com - to make your own reduce 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar with 2 teaspoons sugar until syrupy) shopping list
How to make it
- With your fingers, gently pull the skin back leaving one side attached. Season the meat with salt and pepper then put 1 slice of prosciutto on it, gently pull the skin back over. With a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of the breast and stuff this with the feta cheese. Press the opening closed (or you can use a toothpick to hold it shut but I didn't find that necessary).
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter. When the butter has melted, add the chicken breasts skin side down; cook until well browned, about 7 minutes. Gently turn the breasts over and place the pan in the oven. Bake at 375 degrees until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile; heat 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining tablespoon butter in a skillet, when the butter is melted add the peppers and onions, cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are soft and just beginning to brown. Season with salt and pepper; when cooked remove from heat and add the balsamic glace; toss well to coat.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove to a cutting board and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Artfully slice, or serve whole along with the peppers.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!