Cheesy Chorizo Stuffed PeppersFrom nuitblanche 6 years ago
- 4 large sweet yellow peppers (“stuffers” or large banana peppers) shopping list
- 3 tbsp. leek, minced (just the white part) shopping list
- 2 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 2 links chorizo sausage, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 – 15 oz ricotta cheese shopping list
- ½ c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 3 tbsp. beer or other liquid (chicken stock) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 tbsp. finely grated asiago cheese shopping list
- 3 tbsp. panko crumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp sweet Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 4 – tbsp butter, in pats shopping list
How to make it
- Slice the tops off of the peppers, carefully remove the seeds and membranes.
- Keep enough of the top pieces to finely mince into approx. 2 tbsp. worth.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; have a large bowl of ice water to the side. Gently place the hollowed peppers into the boiling water; cook for 15 min or until softened. Carefully lift out and place in ice water.
- Put the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the leeks, peppers, and garlic and sauté til softened. Add chopped chorizo, and sauté until just cooked, not crisped.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a heavy casserole dish.
- Stir together the ricotta, egg and cheddar; stir in the sauteed chorizo mix; moisten with beer or other liquid if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix Panko, Asiago and paprika together.
- Stuff peppers with cheese and chorizo mixture, top with cheese, panko and paprika mixture and a pat of the butter; place on their sides in casserole dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
The Cooknuitblanche Syracuse, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!