Creamy Vegetable SoupFrom gennymac 3 years ago
- 1 heavy duty blender shopping list
- 2 parsnips shopping list
- 2 fresh greens still on carrot shopping list
- 5 small russet potatoes shopping list
- 2 cups fresh corn shopping list
- 1 rutabaga shopping list
- 2 stems lemon grass shopping list
- 2 yellow onions shopping list
- 1 elephant bulb garlic or 2 smaller ones shopping list
- 2 stalks fresh celery shopping list
- half cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- water shopping list
- 4 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 5 sprigs rosemary unstripped shopping list
- 8 sprigs of thyme unstripped shopping list
How to make it
- Peel garlic and place bulbs on small square of aluminum foil, drizzle 2 tbs olive oil over it, sprinkle with tiny bit sea salt, fold up corners and make a pouch, bake for 45 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Wash veggies, prepare as follows, and place ALL in large soup pot:
- Cut leaves off of carrots, wash leaves, cut them in half with stems.
- Trim ends of carrots, cut into 1inch pieces.
- Trim ends of parsnips, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut rutabaga into quarters, peel and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Trim ends and cut celery stalks into 2 inch pieces.
- Remove tops and slice stems of lemon grass into 3rds.
- Peel and slice onions into quarters.
- Toss in the rosemary stems and thyme stems whole.
- Add 1 tsp sea salt and pepper
- Add 4 cups water.
- Simmer at a low rolling boil the veggie and herb mixture until all the leaves have come off of the herb stems and all veggies are tender. Do not stir, but fold ingredients in pot to make sure nothing sticks to bottom.
- Set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to work with, remove all herb stems from broth. Toss.
- Do not remove carrot greens.
- Remove lemon grass stems from broth. Toss.
- Place all cooked veggies into blender, add as much broth as possible with herb and veggies bits.
- Add cooled roasted garlic with bits and oil from aluminum foil packet.
- Puree till smooth.
- Pour into large soup pot.
- Add heavy cream, sour cream, 2 cups water.
- Simmer on low.
- Peel and cut potatoes into bite size, boil till tender with 1 tsp sea salt..
- Drain and add potatoes and fresh corn to soup puree
- Simmer until hot through and soup is thick.
- Serve with hearty bread or crackers.
- Garnish with a spoonful of sour cream, sprigs of thyme, or drizzle some heavy cream.
The Cookgennymac Covington, Georgia
- Not added to any groups yet!