Italian SubFrom cswindoll 5 years ago
- 4 Hoggie rolls or any other bread you like that can hold up under a sauce. shopping list
- 1 Tbl oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, sliced into thin ringlets shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 Packages chicken sausage in casing(usually by the Italian sausage) shopping list
- 1 Tbs cooking wine(I used sherry) shopping list
- Shredded Italian cheese(I used mozzarella). shopping list
- 1 Jar Bertolli vineyard sauce with Portobello mushrooms and merlot). (or your choice). shopping list
- Mayo ( I used Kraft garlic & herb flavor). shopping list
How to make it
- Saute chopped onions,bell pepper and garlic on med/high heat in oil till they are soft and have some color going on.. Transfer to plate
- Add sausage into hot pan and lightly brown. Remove to plate
- Add about a tbs or two of cooking sherry to skillet and scrape goodies off of bottom(this adds lots of flavors).
- Add Jar of sauce to pan and as it starts to bubble gentle around edges add the sausage, onions and peppers back in and let simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes to develop the flavors.
- while the sauce is simmering, smear the mayo onto the rolls and toast on a indoor grill pan till golden brown.
- dress roll with two to three sausages per sandwich ladle on hot sauce mixture with onions and top with shredded cheese.(can put in a oven for a few minutes to make cheese nice and melted and bubbly)