Shrimp FajitasFrom tristar 6 years ago
- 12 oz raw, peeled and deveined medium shrimp shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp minced lime zest shopping list
- juice of 1 lime See Note Below shopping list
- 1/2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp Whole Dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp Hot Chile Powder shopping list
- 1/4 minced Jalepeno pepper shopping list
- 1 minced garlic clove shopping list
- pinch of salt or to taste shopping list
- To cook: shopping list
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Green or red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin strips shopping list
- 4-6 6" flour tortillas-warmed in an oven at 300 degrees until warm shopping list
- sour cream or other toppings of you desire shopping list
- NOTE: First zest the lime then put lime in a microwave for 30 seconds on high...much easier to juice. shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the marinade and add to Shrimp. Refrigerate for at least a 1/2 hour or more.
- In a 12" cast iron skillet, add Peppers and Onion. Saute gently until tender-soft.
- Add Shrimp and Marinade and saute until Shrimp is pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Fill Tortillas with shrimp mixture and top with whatever you like
- For a more intimate presentation, preheat a 6" cast iron skillet and put the Shrimp in it, serving the sizzling dish to table along with a warmed plate of warm Tortillas.
- This goes great with a glass of Dos Equis Lager!
The Cooktristar Topton, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!