Risotto al Ragu Risotto with Meat SauceFrom s_kat 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 small red onions, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 pound ground beef shopping list
- 6 cups hot best-quality chicken broth, plus more if necessary shopping list
- 2 chicken livers, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup tomato paste (3.5 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 2 cups arborio rice shopping list
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a simmer over medium-high heat; reduce heat, but keep the stock hot.
- In a large saucepan, melt half the butter in the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery and carrot and cook until the onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook about 3 minutes longer, until the meat begins to brown.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth, the chicken livers, tomato paste, wine, pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and return to a simmer. Cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir the remaining hot broth into the risotto 1/2 cup at a time, making sure the previous addition has been absorbed before adding more.
- Cook until the rice is al dente, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter; cover and let sit for a few minutes.
- Serve warm with grated Parmesan sprinkled on top of each serving.
The Cooks_kat Newport News, VA
The Rating2 people
I love this recipe!!! I have never tried a risotto with chicken livers yet. In fact, I've never used tomatoes in a risotto recipe either! I can't wait to try this and am thankful that you took the time to share it here!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Ah, I was taught to make a ragu with chicken livers, it is the perfect additon. This is sublime, great post. Wonderful.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!