Sugary Fried DelightsFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 9 oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting shopping list
- 2 oz superfine sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for frying shopping list
- 6 fl oz white wine shopping list
- confectionary sugar, for dusting shopping list
- red and green fine sprinkles shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the flour into a bowl, stir in the sugar and make a well in the center.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, olive oil and the wine, mix well and leave to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a thin sheet on a lightly floured surface and, using a fluted pastry wheel, cut it into strips 4 inches long and 1 1/4 inches wide.
- Tie the strips together as if they were ribbons but do not pull too tightly.
- Heat the oil for frying in a frying pan, add the fritters and cook until light golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- That's it!