G's Southwestern Black Bean & Brown Rice SaladFrom gkwillow 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (hot or mild - your choice) shopping list
- 2 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained shopping list
- 1/2 sweet bell pepper, any color, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice shopping list
- Chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, oil, salt, sugar, black pepper, cumin, and chili powder.
- Prepare rice according to package directions, cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together black beans, corn, bell pepper, squash, and green onions. Fold in brown rice. Toss with dressing, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!