Tandoori Tofu Masala “salad”From chefpriyanka 6 years ago
- 1 cup firm cubed tofu (I use Nasoya) shopping list
- 3-4 tbsp tandoori masala (recipe BELOW or store-bought) shopping list
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)- plus extra for cooking shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- coarse black pepper- few grinds shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic- crushed and minced shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp freshly grated ginger shopping list
- 3-4 dried cayenne chilies- cut in half shopping list
- 1/2 white onion- sliced in rainbows shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper- thinly sliced (almost julienned) shopping list
- 3/4 cup yellow cherry tomatoes- cut in half shopping list
- good handful of cilantro- washed and finely chopped shopping list
- PAM (original)/ 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- romaine lettuce leaves (for garnishing) shopping list
- chat masala (for garnishing, optional) shopping list
- Tandoori Masala: shopping list
- 1 tbsp cumin powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp coriander powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp fenugreek (methi) powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ginger powder shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg (freshly grated preferably) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp clove powder shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a medium sized bowl place tofu. Add tandoori masala, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice. Combine well, until each piece is coated and red. Wrap with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge. Marinate for 2 hours (or more).
- 2. In a medium-sized skillet spray with PAM and add oil and set over medium flame. Add onions, peppers and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes, then add grated ginger. Add chilies with seeds and all. Saute for about another 2 minutes. After the onions and peppers are slightly browned and soft (not caramelized), add tofu. Saute for another 2-3 minutes. You want the tofu to become a lil browned and soft. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and combine.
- 3. After everything is well combine and veggies and cooked and tofu is soft, taste for salt, and add as needed. Remove from heat and mix in cherry tomatoes. Add cilantro and mix.
- 4. On a serving platter, place lettuce leave and place tofu over half of the leaves. Sprinkle with a little chat masala and cilantro. Can be served warm or at room temperature. Can be eaten alone or with naan.
- For the Tandoori Masala:
- 1. Mix all ingredients together. If starting with whole spices, lightly roast them over the stove, and grind in a coffee grinder.
The Cookchefpriyanka Staten Island, New York
- Not added to any groups yet!