Banana And Dark Chocolate Bread PuddingFrom mrcooksalot 6 years ago
- 2 pounds brioche loaf bread, crust removed and cubed shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg, grated shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 ripe bananas shopping list
- 6 to 8 (1-inch chunks) semisweet Dark chocolate shopping list
- Dark Rum Creme Anglaise, recipe follows shopping list
- Dark Rum Creme Anglaise: shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean, split shopping list
- 5 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons Capt Morgans Spiced Rum shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread into a bowl and drizzle with melted butter, mix well to coat.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, milk, nutmeg and vanilla together.
- In another bowl mash up 1 banana and add to custard, pour over the bread and allow to soak for 15 minutes. Dice up the other banana and fold into bread pudding mixture.
- Grease 6 (2 1/2-inch by 2?inch) tall ring mold and wrap the bottom with foil. Spoon bread pudding mixture into mold 1/2 way then press 1 chunk of chocolate into the center then continue to fill to the top. Bake in a 325 degree oven until it is set and brown, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Dark Rum Creme Anglaise:
- To a saucepan add milk, scrape vanilla bean seeds into milk and add the pod. Bring almost to a boil. Remove from heat and allow bean to infuse for 10 minutes, then remove the bean. In a bowl whisk egg yolks and sugar until thick and light in color, then temper with hot milk. Pour mixture back into the pot and gently stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until custard thickens slightly. Remove from heat and strain through a fine sieve into a bowl over ice. Stir in rum and cover tightly so skin does not form while it is cooling. Yield: approximately 2 cups
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!