Chicken And Spinach CasseroleFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 2 c torn bread shopping list
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- 3 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 c packed flat-leaf spinach shopping list
- 1 med. yellow onion,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove,minced shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 c white wine shopping list
- 2 TB flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 c half and half shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 c shredded rotisserie chicken shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450'
- In med. bowl,combine bread and evoo,season with coarse salt;set aside
- In med. pot,heat 1-1/2 tsp oil over med-high heat.Add spinach,season with salt. Cook,stirring,until wilted,2mins. Transfer to colander;let cool,then squeeze out water. Coarsely chop.
- Add wine to pot and cook until almost evaporated,about 5 mins. Add flour and cook,stirring 30 seconds. Gradually whisk in half and half. Add lemon juice and bring mixture to boil over high.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach and chicken,season with salt and pepper. Transfer to 2 qt. baking dish and top with bread pieces. Bake until bread is golden brown and mixture bubbling,8-10 mins.
- If doing a day ahead,don't put bread on top till just before baking.