Spicy LemonadeFrom andypandy 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a sauce pot place the water, lemon zest, sugar, and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and reduce heat so it boils gently for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Strain the simple syrup thru a wire sieve, to remove all the zest and cinnamon flecks and sticks. I use a cheesecloth and strainer.
- Strain the lemon juice also.
- Add the strained syrup with the strained lemon juice and transfer to a glass jar with lid.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- To serve, place 4 tablespoon into a cup with 1 cup cold water.
- Serve over cold ice cubes, and lemon to garnish .
- Put in a yellow straw and your good to go.